All works will be carried out in accordance with arboricultural codes of practice and guidelines, with safety being of paramount importance. The site will be cordoned off with cones, safety tape and signage to prevent unauthorised persons entering without permission. Where necessary limbs and sections of the stems will be controlled and lowered with specialised lowering devices to avoid damage to underlying structures and or services.
Where work is to be carried out in proximity to power lines all tools will be insulated and the proper authorities will be notified in advance of the work to be carried out and again upon completion of the job. Care will be taken to avoid any damage to trees, vegetation or turf which is to be retained and especially any of the building structures or services during the removal works.
At TreeZone we aim to conduct our business in a way that protects and improves the environment, using best practice methods and good management of staff, equipment and plant.
Our aim within this Policy is to:
- Identify and manage environmental risks and hazards.
- Comply with all laws, regulations and statutory obligations regarding the environment.
- Manage and where possible reduce waste in all areas of the business.
- Take all available steps to prevent pollution of land, air and water.
- Involve clients, customers, subcontractors and partners in our positive environmental objectives.
- Where possible improve the environmental efficiency of our transport and travel.
- Commitment to all our staff being made aware of the company Environmental Policy and are educated with the best practice.
- Manage, monitor and update this Environmental Policy on a yearly basis or more often where appropriate.
TreeZone Management are committed to this policy and endeavors to promote it through our culture and working environment. All staff are responsible for working towards the aims and objectives set out in this Policy.
This Quality policy has been adopted by TreeZone Management and staff.
This Policy is the guide that all staff must follow to ensure a high quality of service for our customers on a daily basis.
TreeZone is committed to ensuring all our services are provided to our customers and clients at the agreed specifications.
TreeZone will achieve this by:
- Delivering on our agreed service and promises in full and on time.
- Continuing to improve quality of service through staff education and training.
- Building quality relationships based on honesty, openness and trust.
- Actively seek customer feedback and use this to evaluate and improve quality of service.
- Nurturing a truthful and ethical work environment that provides long term development for all employees, and identifies
- Complying with all legislative requirements, statutory obligations (or the specific requirements of our clients) relating to the quality of our work.
- Committing to our standards, policies and procedures and the communication of these to our customers, clients, sub-contractors and staff.
- Assure resources are available to implement a successful Quality Policy.
All our customers, clients, and subcontractors should feel confident that they can contact TreeZone and that we will engage in constructive communication to deliver a quality of service they can trust and rely on.
The Office Manager will have overall responsibility for implementing, monitoring, and reviewing this policy in consultation with the Company Director.
This policy will be reviewed annually.
We pride ourselves on being considerate contractors, and where appropriate neighbours will be notified of works to be carried out well in advance. Works will proceed at appropriate times of day to prevent unnecessary disturbance.
All wood and foliage will be removed from site unless client requests firewood/chip to be left on the premises for personal use.